SGS Group fully acquires SGS Digicomply

SWITZERLAND – SGS, the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company, has fully acquired SGS Digicomply, a powerful content management platform invented in partnership with C-Labs. C-Labs is a company that specializes in artificial intelligence (AI) applied to unstructured data and horizon scanning. In 2016, SGS acquired 51% of the capital of C-Labs. Following the acquisition of the remaining 49%…

READ MORE

Yara East Africa, Agrico PSA train farmers on importance of using certified potato seeds

KENYA – Yara East Africa Limited, Kenya and Uganda’s leading crop nutrition company has partnered with Agrico PSA, a supplier of high-quality certified potato seeds, to train potato farmers on the significance of using certified seeds and the right inputs for better quality and bigger yields. The potato farmers who hail from Nakuru, Nyandarua and Narok counties have also been…

READ MORE

Philippines publishes regulations for plant breeding innovations

PHILIPPINES – The Philippine Department of Agriculture (DA) has published the rules and procedures for the evaluation of products of plant breeding innovations (PBI). The regulations provide a science-based and efficient process for assessment and determination of gene-edited plants if they are to be considered genetically engineered (GE) or not. The National Committee on Biosafety of the Philippines defines PBIs…

READ MORE