SWITZERLAND – SGS, the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company, has fully acquired SGS Digicomply, a powerful content management platform invented in partnership with C-Labs.

C-Labs is a company that specializes in artificial intelligence (AI) applied to unstructured data and horizon scanning.

In 2016, SGS acquired 51% of the capital of C-Labs. Following the acquisition of the remaining 49% stake from the other shareholders of C-Labs, SGS now owns 100% of SGS Digicomply.

“With the acquisition of the remaining stake of C-Labs, SGS Digicomply will continue to deliver customized solutions.

“SGS Digicomply enables our clients to navigate a complex, everchanging compliance environment and predict emerging risks in the supply chain with a renewed focus on sustainability,” Frankie Ng, CEO of SGS, said.

In partnership with leading AI research centers and industry-known data scientists, C-Labs has helped develop innovative new solutions for the regulatory compliance market.

Through this joint venture, SGS created and developed SGS Digicomply, its market leading regulatory compliance solution.

SGS Digicomply offers a fully automated intelligence-gathering solution that scans regulatory, media, trading and environment information in real-time.

Powered by AI, machine-learning, analytics and world-leading industry expertise, it provides advanced predictive risk analysis and high-level insights to support our food and cosmetics industry customers’ compliance requirements, while enabling and expediting product market access.

SGS Digicomply is trusted by a large number of major food industry players. Its excellent Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 73, which is well above the industry average, is due to an outstanding customer-centric approach.

“This transaction demonstrates that we continue to lead the industry in digital innovation and helps us to achieve our strategic target of becoming the most digital company in the TIC industry,” Frankie said.

At the beginning of the year, TraceGains, the CPG industry’s leading collaborative network for suppliers, manufacturers, and brand owners, partnered with SGS Digicomply.

In this partnership, TraceGains will license international regulatory and food safety data from SGS Digicomply, which will enhance the information TraceGains collects and curates in its Market Hub (sourcing platform) and Smart Alerts (horizon scanning and regulatory monitoring) solutions.

TraceGains integrates thousands of supplier locations and data sources to identify and qualify suppliers, source items and ingredients, build recipes, and draft and negotiate specifications – all while collecting supporting documentation automatically.

Liked this article? Subscribe to Food Safety Africa News, our regular email newsletters with the latest news insights from Africa and the World’s food safety, quality and compliance. SUBSCRIBE HERE