Managing Food Safety in the Packaging of Foods & Beverages Webinar
DATE: FEBRUARY 9, 2023
TIME: 14.30 EAT | 13.30 CAT | 12.30 WAT | 11.30 GMT
COST: FREE WEBINAR
According to Mordor Intelligence, the African packaging market is expected to reach a CAGR of 8.4% during the 2021-2026 period, driven by an expanding population of youthful consumers, increased demand for consumer products, burgeoning individual incomes, and growing domestic economies – particularly in East and West Africa.
Consumers across Africa are looking for products that offer value for money and attractive packaging that offer functionality and are recyclable. However, the recent outbreak of Covid-19 and the Ukraine-Russia war have led to supply chain disruption and price increases across the food supply chain, especially in Africa.
While packaging plays a key role in enabling the food industry to avail safe and nutritious foods to a consumer base in Africa that is increasingly seeking out packaged food products, there remains a wide disparity on the awareness about the role packaging plays in food safety, food loss and waste.
Further, there are gaps in the knowledge on the choice of packaging materials and the latest quality assurance technologies and practices to ensure that safe food and beverage products are produced and availed to the consumer.
In this webinar, you will learn from a number of industry experts, researchers, suppliers of technologies and government agencies, in a number of sessions on the following key issues:
- The importance of packaging and choosing the right packaging materials in managing food safety, food loss and food waste
- The impact of Covid-19 pandemic and the current supply chain disruptions on access to affordable, quality and safe packaging in Africa
- Latest packaging technologies and their impact on food safety and quality in Africa’s food value chain
- Latest packaging integrity, microbiological and other testing techniques and their utilisation in the food industry
- Hygiene and handling of packaging throughout the supply chain to ensure safe food
- The regulatory environment and its impact on packaging innovations and a cleaner, circular economy in Africa
NOTE: The webinar will be available to watch for FREE after the recording. If you may not make it on the day of the recording, as long as you are registered, you will receive the recording in your inbox afterwards